Dental Implants Ottawa
Ottawa Dental Implant Surgery
Parliament Hill Dental
Ottawa Dental Implants
If you enjoy comprehensive dental care and practice good oral hygiene from childhood on, you have an excellent chance of keeping your natural teeth healthy for life. Unfortunately, many of us have periods of lax hygiene habits or infrequent dental visits in our pasts. Additionally, certain illnesses and unexpected injuries can take a toll.
Our dental implants Ottawa team provides a full range of restorative and curative treatments, to return your smile to a radiantly beautiful, healthy state. One of the most serious concerns is missing teeth. If you have a gap in your smile, you already know that it is embarrassing, and it can make eating or speaking difficult.
You may not be aware of the damage that a missing tooth is doing to your oral health.
- When you bite down, that pressure is meant to be distributed among your teeth. A gap will put undue force on other teeth, increasing the risk of fracture and wear. This can also affect the balance in the TMJ (jaw) joints.
- Pressure on a tooth is transferred to the root, which stimulates cell regeneration in the jawbone. Once a tooth is lost, the bone in that area has no stimulation and it begins deteriorating.
- Your other teeth gradually shift towards the gap. This can create difficulty to clean areas between teeth and loosen gum tissue, which increases your risk of decay or gum disease.
Ottawa Implant Dentistry
During your initial consultation, our team will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each option, so you can make an educated decision. Dental implants are an increasingly popular solution. They do not actually replace teeth; they replace roots, which no other restorative option does.
An implant is a very small device, placed in the jawbone where a tooth root would naturally be. They are made of pure titanium or zirconia. Both materials are biocompatible and easily accepted by living bone tissue. Implants offer dual benefits of supporting replacement teeth and preserving the jawbone.
After the implants are placed, the bone will generate new cells and firmly attach to the implant material. This process, known as osseointegration, takes a few months. When it is complete, the final restoration can be placed. Dental implants do not require any more care than your natural teeth, and they can last a lifetime.
Contact Our Dental Implant Ottawa Team
Dr. Suela Murataj
Dr. Murataj graduated from Dental Medicine University of Albania in 2010. Dr. Murataj practices general dentistry with a holistic approach in a family dental practice that focuses primarily on restorative and implant dentistry, esthetics, ortho, fixed and removable prosthodontics, periodontal and oral surgery. While Dr. Murataj enjoys all aspects of general family dentistry, she has a keen interest in the treatment and management of temporomandibular disorders, utilizing appliance therapy and Botox injections.
Dr. Murataj professional memberships include:
- The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- The Canadian Dental Association
- The Ontario Dental Association
- The Ottawa Dental Society
- IAOMT SMART REMOVAL CERTIFIED
Dr. Murataj is very involved in continuing education and innovative techniques. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking and taking long walks with her husband and son. The beach is her favourite escape.
Hours of Operation
MON – THU
8:00am – 4:00pm
FRI - SUN
Drop Us a Line
Don't be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!