Oral Cancer Screening
A patient centered holistic approach
Parliament Hill Dental
Oral Cancer Screening
Parliament Hill Dental is not only dedicated to your smile, but we’re also committed to your overall wellness. We take a patient-centered holistic approach to the dental care we provide and include systematically oral cancer screening as a part of your regular exam. We know very well that oral cancer can be life-threatening if not caught and treated early so we think you should have all the chances on your side.
We have the experience and the expertise to ensure that early signs and symptoms of oral cancer and pre-cancerous conditions are identified swiftly and dealt with efficiently. While some of these symptoms could be caused by other, less serious conditions, it is very important to visit Parliament Hill Dental regularly to rule out the possibility of oral cancer.
Some of the most common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Red or white spots or sores anywhere in your mouth
- A sore that bleeds easily or that has trouble healing
- A lump, thickening, or rough spot in your mouth or neck
- Pain, tenderness, or numbness located anywhere in the mouth or on the lips that don’t go away
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving the jaw or tongue
Oral Cancer Screening Tests From Your Dentist
Parliament Hill Dental’s team performs in a simple, quick yet meticulous screening that involves a thorough examination of your whole oral cavity, and not just your teeth, to detect potentially cancerous and precancerous conditions. Besides a visual examination of your mouth, Our dentists will also feel the tissue of your mouth and throat to detect any abnormalities. In the event that we find an area of concern, we could offer you to do a brush test to collect cells from a suspicious lesion in the mouth and send it to a laboratory for further analysis.
You can be proactive! There are many things you can do to help prevent oral cancer.
- Avoid all tobacco products and only drink alcohol with moderation.
- Keep a healthy, balanced diet.
- Limit your sun exposure and always wear UV-A/B-blocking, sunscreen
Hours of Operation
MON – THU
8:00am – 4:00pm
FRI - SUN
Drop Us a Line
Don't be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!